Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Playing Catch up

It has been a while since my last  post. Things have just gotten very busy here lately. We had my husband's mother's side of the family reunion two weeks ago and then last saturday we drove to southern ohio for our oldest grandson's Royal rangers graduation. This is a christian group similar to boyscouts.
The drive was so beautiful and the weather was perfect. We took the main roads down ( not so interesting) But on the way home we piddled around and went through the country. We stopped at a small flea market and we purchased some wonderful fresh veggies from an amish vendor. We were debating which type of tomatoes to buy and he suggested some small ones since we wanted them for salads, Oh my goodness they are the most delicious tomatoes I have ever tasted, so sweet and I have to confess they are so delicous I can barely stop eating them. I love them with just a little salt as a snack. I wish we lived closer so we could get them regularly while in season. We Also went through a small town that was having an antique sidewalk sale. We didn't buy anything but we had such a good time looking. They had just about everything you could think of from old bottles, a few textiles,canning jars, beautiful furniture, lots of little shops in antique buildings and such. I wish I had remembered to get my camera out of the car so I could share the quaint little town.


CQI novice rr
I have Joined a round robbin for crazy quilt international novice group, I will call it cqi novice in future posts. This is my first round robbin and there are five people in a round robbin and each person makes a crazy quilt block and sends it to the others. Each person in the group will work on the blocks one at a time and stitch about 1/4 of the block. On the 15th of the month we send the block out to the next person until each person has worked on it. This particular round round robin is anything goes. I have had my first block to work on since around july 21st. I will ask the owner and if it is ok I will share a picture of the block and my work on it at a later date.

 Encrusted Crazy quilt class with Sharon Boggon
I had signed up for a six week encrusted crazy quilt online class with Sharon Boggon. We are on our third lesson and I am learning so much and the time is just flying by so quickly. You can visit Sharon's blog here. http://pintangle.com/  
 Work in progress wednesdays. 

I have decided to follow along with Sharon B. on her work in progress Wednesdays for larger projects since mom's C.Q. wallhanging is a larger project.   I have named this block peaceful slumber for obvious reasons.


This is a very small area but I have spent alot of  time here on the little stumpwork bunny. I am so pleased with the way he turned out.   When I joined C.Q.I .  One of the first things I saw that I totally fell in love with were these little bunnies stitched on some of the blocks for R.R.'s .  I later learned they were Gerry K's awesome work .  I was so pleased when I found the  little pattern for this bunny.  Thank you Elizabeth @ Sew in love blog.  http://sew-in-love.blogspot.com/
 You can visit Gerry K and see her bunnies and other wonderful posts here. http://olderrose.blogspot.com/   This is one of my favorite blogs to visit.
 I am working on filling in around the bunny with various flowers and moss and greenery.

2 comments:

  1. I love the little bunny. The block is looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so very nice! Hard to believe you're just getting started!

    ReplyDelete